Tuesday, January 24, 2006

One of my best friends had an eating disorder and used to self harm. I lived with her for the past year. I put up with everything, I helped her with everything to make her feel better, I even prevented her from commiting suicide. Twice. I ruined a whole school year because I missed lessons to stay at home with her, scared she would kill herself, or shopping cause it made her feel better. I spent loads of money on food, transportation and all that just to make her feel better. I don't regret it because she's better now. She eats normally and doesn't self harm anymore.
But when I go to visit and she says
"I know I used to be self absorbed. And I thank for all the people who really helped me... like my mum and my boyfriend" and I'm not even mentioned... well, that really pisses me off! That b*tch (not that I mean it when I'm not mad)! Her MUM doesn't know half the stuff she did... her boyfriend doesn't know either, and if she's still with him she can bloody thank me for it... but no... apparently I don't deserve acknowledgement for everything I did. It's like it was my JOB to do so. To ruin a whole school year just because I cared about her.
And she didn't even thank me for the presents I gave her last week. No form of thank you. Not even a hug or kiss on the cheek. Ungrateful b*tch. She can bet I'm not helping her anymore. F*ck her. She can ask her MUM and her BOYFRIEND for help.
P.S.: Her mum and her boyfriend are great people and I'm not mad at them by any means. Just her. Because I care about her. And she doesn't care about me.


Anonymous
07:36:55 PM

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart breaks for you, OP.

Anonymous said...

OP, you might feel bad, but maybe she knows how much you helped her. Maybe she's scared to admit it.

It might not be a good reason that she chooses to hold back, but its her choice, don't push so hard you break her.

That being said, it does suck that she doesn't seem to appreciate what you did for her. Give her a call, or email, or IM; talk to her, have a conversation about it, see what you can learn or settle out.

Anonymous said...

I am right now where you were then, with her. I wish us both luck.

Anonymous said...

I've always distanced myself from needy, dramatic people like your friend.

You should be very proud of yourself for doing what you've done (and who knows, maybe I killed some girl becasue I wasn't willing to warm up to her and help when she needed someone) but hink of everything that you've given up to do it. Dependancy is an awful awful thing, so think carefully before you continue this relationship or get into another, similar one. Was it really worth it?

Anonymous said...

Saving someone's life would ALWAYS be worth it.