Thursday, January 26, 2006

To my secret love

Jenny was the prettiest girl I'd ever seen,
And I wished that someday she'd be mine.
'Cause it was like dacin' throgh a heavenly dream
Just to look into her deep blue eyes.

And the sound of her laughter was church bells ringing,
and bluebirds singing in the spring.
And every time I saw her my heart would flutter
Like a butterfly on the wing.

Jenny was the sweetest girl I ever loved,
And I secretly hoped she loved me.
Because having such an angel from heaven above,
Was almost too good to believe.

And the sound of her laughter was church bells ringing,
and bluebirds singing in the spring.
And every time I saw her my heart would flutter
Like a butterfly on the wing.

This is for all of you out there who are loving (or being loved) in secret.
Hopefully the day will come when that hidden love will be revealed, and the joy will be worth the wait.

And for Jenny, the one secretly loved: If only I could tell you how I feel inside. I sit by, watching and waiting, always wanting to speak the truth but never able to. Know that I will always be there beside you, supporting you through good times and bad, weathering the storm with you, waiting to tell you the truth.

May faith keep you all, and forever hold the magic of your minds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I sit by, watching and waiting"

Yeesh, stalker. ;)

Anonymous said...

This is humanity. Everyone here, whiling away silver-swift hours on this beautiful earth, is human. THIS IS KEY. I go around talking to complete strangers whenever I get the chance. Their sweat, tears, and, yes, secret loves, are the same as mine. They laugh in the same way.
It is a beautiful thing to know that someone halfway across this continent has a secret love, too.
Maybe one day it will come out well.
Hope is the most important thing that the children of the suburbs and cities,forests and savannahs, the canyon dwellers and those who live on the ocean, all share.

Anonymous said...

I read that poem in the voice of Forrest Gump as soon as I saw the name "Jenny." It made the poem even sweeter.