Sunday, January 22, 2006

I hate it when I start crying because the reality of life hits me.

I was so close to telling him I loved him. I mean, he knows I love him, but until recently, I'd never been in love with him.

He'd been waiting for me for months, maybe longer. He'd talked to my best friend about how much he loved me, and I never knew until after everything was over.

And now I can never tell him everything I know because I'm too afraid of messing up his life. He's happy now and I have to live with it.

I hate having to plaster a smile on my face when I see them together.

I hate that she's everything I couldn't be for him.

I hate that this is so cliche.

I hate having regrets.


Anonymous
12:55:56 AM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a beautiful song by Jimmy Eat World. It's called For Me This is Heaven. Listen to it:


And the mindless comfort grows
When I'm alone with my 'great' plans
This is what she said gets her through it
'If I don't let myself be happy now, then when? if not now when?'

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, this whole site is a walking cliche.

The trick is to snuggle down into that big homogeneous blanket and surrender to the sameness as it washes your worries away.