Sunday, January 29, 2006

Dear --------,
I have never written a love letter before. I have always found them sappy, cliche, and weak, and I despise weakness in myself. But I have never been in crush/love (when does it cross the line from having a crush on someone to secretly being in love with one of your best guy friends?) with someone so much that I have cried knowing that between a relationship that will inevitably be temporary and a friendship that keeps me sane, I will inevitably chosse the friendship. I hate crying. But I do so, knowing at that for one moment...[specific detail]...I have been in crush. There have been people whose mere presence made live worth living the way yours does. There have been days where the absence of other people has dulled life, made it suddenly boring and pointless the way your absence does. But I have never written a love letter before. I just thought you should know.
Your friend,
--------


Anonymous
09:25:42 PM

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

*please be for me, please be for me*

Anonymous said...

oh that would be sweet if it had any meaning.

Anonymous said...

anonymous 1, it'd better not be you, 'cause i want it to be me!

Dr.A said...

Some of the sweetest things really don't have any meaning, unfortunately.

Just a random ole tangst tangent for you.

Anonymous said...

It's funny, because there's a pretty good chance that the person who wrote this letter is the same gender as one of the people hoping it was for them.

Anonymous said...

You should write the letter, but don't say what you wrote above. Instead, say how much you value their friendship, companionship, and wisdom. Writing notes of appreciation from time to time is a great way to show you care and you notice and you're appreciative.

Anonymous said...

Not that by doing that they won't totally figure out that they're the subject of this letter, because people write appreciation letters like that all the time.

/sarcasm