Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My mother doesn't like him, I can tell. (She may even know, by now.) I love him, and I love him to the point where I don't care--this is amazing for me--what she thinks of him, I will be with him.

I don't want this to turn into Romeo and Juliet (due in no small part to the fact that they committed a double-suicide at the end of the story), I want my parents to love their future son-in-law as much as I love him! But they don't know him, they don't trust him. How can they? He swooped down into their daughter's life and changed things forever.

I don't know if they realize just how much he's changed their daughter's life. How he makes me want to sing whenever I see his face. How I long to be with him, every moment of every day. I don't know if they realize that their daughter has fallen in love, that their daughter has found her One.

And that finding her One has given her something she never had before: reason to disobey them and the backbone to do it.


Anonymous
01:38:23 PM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh... this is posted twice...

Anonymous said...

Just to be cynical: Your parents are your backbone. They are the skeletal system of your life. You should probably get them to meet him, because if they don't like him there'll be problems.

Deciding who their son in law will be is difficult enough at this age without them despising him.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised this didn't get more traffic...

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I feel like the guy addressed in this post.

If your parents can get to know him, they'll be much more open to him. Giving a face and personality to the person their daughter has found can cure them of their distrust.