Saturday, January 14, 2006

i was in the parking lot when
Armegeddon came and you were
gone. everyone was suddenly
gone and where the sound of cars
had been there was nothing but
the sound of crickets.
i was left alone--
the king of the parking lot:
my paved pavilion and the stately
pruned trees watched my parade…
until the sun began to rise.

i fled into the grocery store and hid
beneath a yellow can
of green peas
the silver-fish befriended me
and spoke to me their little language,
(it tasted like pinto beans)
their life span was short
so i was their god eternal
but when the sun went down
(and they died)
i went back to the parking lot

years had elapsed beneath
the green beans
and sprightly pine trees
were pushing up through the cracks
the deer crushed them! crushed them all!
on their mad stampede to get to Me
{their yellow eyes were rollllling
and i admit i was afraid
until they nuzzled me}.

redeemer, they
whispered.

i plucked out their soft gray
tongues and ate them
what delicacy! in the parking
lot and Me alone as the king of
it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand it, but the imagery and language are tre bon

TintedFragipan said...

It's just the way I felt in the parking lot of Crossroads the other night.

龙年 said...

That's a rather neat way to look at life and human existence in relation to a bigger picture. I like it. A lot.

Anonymous said...

tintedfragipan, have you submitted to ELO yet?