Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Last weekend at the mall I was approached by a representative of the John Robert Powers Modeling Organization. He wanted to know if I was interested in being a model of any type- or had it at least crossed my mind.

I gave him a dissapointed look and told him that being told what is and is not beautiful about my body is not my idea of fun- and that I want to be appreciated for something more than just what I appear to be at a glance. He of course gave me a "that's ok- we're about more than looks- we have scholarships etc etc" and I eventually just walked away.

I'm proud of myself.
But there's this one little voice inside of me that says I just missed an opportunity that could have changed my life- and I'm an idiot for not at least trying it.

I can't tell my friends because I'm afraid they'll just agree with the idea that refusing was a mistake.


Anonymous
08:01:40 PM

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're my hero.
Thank you for not being superficial.

Anonymous said...

But still, that might have been helpful for your life. We all have to get on our knees and blow society every once in a while. Once you wiped off your face and got into college you could have regained your ideals.

Anonymous said...

Uhh that was a mistake.
Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Yup bad move.

TintedFragipan said...

I like how far anonymous 2 went with the metaphor.

I would have been under the tendency to believe it was just a scam for your money. good job.

Anonymous said...

anonymous 2 said:
thanks fragi.
I thought it got my point across well enough.

Anonymous said...

Well I mean, you don't want fall into the whole blowing life for money thing...but isn't being paid to go to school simply for being beautiful a good thing?

You should of at least considered it.

Anonymous said...

John Robert Powers just takes your money and you never actually get any modeling opportunities. Modeling=good. Not modeling, but giving away money=bad. See? So, you did make the right decision.

TintedFragipan said...

Yay, according to above poster, I was right :D

Anonymous said...

Sure those guys are just part of a big scam preying on humanities innate blind pride (a al Poetry.com), but when the exact same thing happened to me a few years ago I couldn't help but take it as a compliment

Anonymous said...

Yeah, they came to my middle school once. Dude, it's just like getting an offer for a product from a traveling salesman, but it's an idea of a school they're selling, not shampoo. You made the right descision.

Anonymous said...

um, no. john robert powers is bullshit. they're just looking to take your money. i took like some modeling/acting class there and it did nothing for my future/the kids in my class were obnoxious/it was stupid and was just bad. you don't get anywhere in that place. BE GLAD you said no. cause, it does nothing for your career, just get an agent if you really want to be a model or actress, etc. thats what i did. way better.