Saturday, January 07, 2006

the summer after 7th grade i met this girl. before i knew what had happened, we were going out and doing all this shit and i thought it would last forever. i really thought i was in love, in a 13-year old kind of way. at the end of camp, she had to go back home and i had to stay here. we promised to stay together and see each other next summer, but within a few months she stopped talking to me. she wouldn't email back or get on IM or answer the phone or anything. i haven't spoken to her since. i've been thinking about her a lot lately and it's really hard not knowing why it happened. i haven't gone out with anyone since, i'm almost afraid to. i don't want to get hurt again, because i'm still not over her completely. i've been trying to find her online but nothing comes up. thus is my tangst.


Anonymous
07:40:40 PM

9 comments:

PChis said...

Nothing like long distance to make people stop caring about each other.

It sucks but if she doesn't feel like talking to you, just stop trying...

Dr.A said...

It doesn't even take that long of a distance. I've felt the whole fear to date thing lately too. I'm afraid to say that hasn't helped too much. (Not your fault, SB. There is no fault.) I think either it's time to press on or as pchis says... just forget about it.
Though tangential: I think that sometimes you just have to either do something or leave it the hell alone. You know? Choose instead of let life choose for you. That's the most measure of control a human can ask for.
--Doctor Anonymous

Anonymous said...

My parents had a long distance relationship all the way through college. My dad was in Pennsylvania, my mom was in New Jersey. Not a huge barrier, but enough of one that made seeing each other often not particularly easy.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid that i've done that to people.

Anonymous said...

I go to Enloe; my boyfriend goes to State. His second semester starts Monday.
Time to see each other? Perhaps once or twice a month.
Time on the phone? Perhaps once or twice a week.
He stayed one of my best friends all through first semester, and I know that we can work through any time and distance.
Love doesn't have barriers.

... I suppose that's a long-winded way of saying that there's something infintely better out there, and distance will not hinder it, and time will not hinder it, and it can endure.
Forever.

Anonymous said...

"...something infintely better out there, and distance will not hinder it, and time will not hinder it, and it can endure.
Forever."

True, but I would say that in the original poster's case, it was a summer love...the idea of being in love more than the love itself. The first love always has a profound effect on people, and sometimes they just have to move past it.

Anonymous said...

i met a girl at camp a few years ago, and we starting talking about how we were both into current events and public policy (really hot, btw). Saw her again a few days later. She played me like Karl Rove.

Anonymous said...

this is the original poster.

anonymous #4 really hit the nail on the head there. i've given it a lot of thought over the past 2.5 years since it happened, and that's basically all it was. the only twist is, i'm a girl. which rather complicates the matter.

Anonymous said...

wow, the plot really just thickened on that one.
touche, original poster, touche.