Tuesday, October 31, 2006

So this is how things are, then?

We were friends. We promised to be best friends forever, remember that? Remember all the nights we sat awake, eating candy and talking of out future weddings? Remember?

But you...you dropped me like a used kleenex for her friendship, and now, where are you? Friendless, ugly, and overweight, failing your classes at some prep school for rich republicans. And I? I have friends, good ones who care about me and would never hurt me like you did. Even at the public school, I have done well, better than you. My future is bright.

I can't say I hate you, because somewhere inside of you is the girl I was friends with, the sensitive, beautiful girl who I idolized and would have followed anywhere. The girl who drove away the bullies, gave me her protection.

But I do pity you. I pity you, but more than that...

I miss you.


Anonymous
06:49:32 PM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought you were talking about me for like a quick second. but you werent. i'm still best friends with my best friend since fourth grade :)

and 'rich republican prep school' what the hell does that mean?

Anonymous said...

"I miss you...but I'm so glad that I'm better than you"
wow, you don't sound insecure

Anonymous said...

to anon1: the reference could be anything... so many people read and post on tangst these days.

(not the op)

Anonymous said...

"rich Republican prep school"= a school where the rich Republicans in our town send their kids so they can be prepared to get into Yale and Harvard.