Tuesday, October 10, 2006

(His name's not really Scott, but...)
This whole Scott thing kinda scare me sometimes.
Here's the deal : I am in love with him.
I mean, I LOVE HIM.
As in, he means more to me than any human being on the planet.
I love him, and I can't deny that.
As far as I can say, I love Scott, and I cannot deny that.

And this love has got to be the most dangerous place I can be.
It is in love where I become the most exposed, honest, and vulnerable.
Once I am in love, how can I possibly get out?
I have been in love. And hard as I try, I cannot find a way out. I am at the very bottom of the pit of "I love you forever" and there is absolutely no way out of it.

THEREFORE, Scott can hurt me. He has more power to hurt me and KILL me than just about anyone else. Scott can completely tear me apart. Scott can destroy me.

This is what love does to you.
The way I see it, love is toxic, love is a curse, and it was one of the worst things you can fall into.

You've gotta be careful when it comes to love, you know.


Anonymous
12:13:48 AM

3 comments:

PChis said...

When you look at it like that, it's like a business investment.

You can't make lots of money without taking a few risks.

Anonymous said...

and its worth the risk. because if scott loves you back....it will be the most wonderful thing ever.

Anonymous said...

I recognize this every time I let myself into my boyfriend's arms. I love him; he loves me. He can hurt me more than anybody else in this world, and he and I are both aware of it.

However, far from making it a poor investment or a debilitating fear, I think it only makes our relationship stronger. Putting a person in a position in which they could harm you, trusting them to successfully not harm you, and repeating the process over and over again really builds a bond.

If you want records, it's been ten months, and he hasn't done anything harmful enough to bother me for more than a few hours.