Sunday, October 29, 2006

I have Dermatillomania, and it disgusts me.

I pick at my scabs, peeling thm off in one piece, and eat them. I pick at my pimples compolsively, even though I know it just makes them worse. I bite and eat my fingernails, and when they're too short, I peel away the skin around them and eat that.

A dentist could tell how stressed out I am by th condition of my cheeks and lips- the more stress I have, the more I bite, and suck on them to make them bleed.

I think it's so gross, but I just can't stop myself. Today I tried to go the whole day without picking or biting: I made it to third period. I need therapy, or something.


Anonymous
10:57:29 AM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea thats pretty nasty, Why dont you use some substitue like chewing gum?

Anonymous said...

Therapy isn't really a bad idea as far as bad habits ending in -mania go. But if you don't want to go, just googling "Dermatillomania" I found a bunch of help sites and forums. It sounds curable or at least treatable so no sadness okay?

Anonymous said...

Chewing gum helps with nail biting, but I don't know how much it would help with picking.

Anonymous said...

This actually sounds a bit like me, but I'd have to say that I only do some of these things, and to a slightly lesser extent.