Monday, July 03, 2006

The Rules
(Dillon, these are "those rules." Thanks for reminding me why I have them.)


1. Don't get too emotionally involved.
2. Look out for people that you wouldn't be able to stand losing. Stay far away.
3. If a person asks a specific question, give a vague answer.
4. If someone asks a question about you, give an answer about them.
5. Secrets are meant to be kept.
6. What happens behind closed doors, stays behind closed doors. What happens in the open, stays in the open.
7. Stay far away from the girls that give you sweats, stomach aches, fluttering hearts, pounding heads, and associated symptoms. You will never recover properly.
8. When the songs start specifically applying to your life, change it. Fast.
9. Friends are only good until you really need them.
10. Make as many acquaintances as possible. They are almost like friends, but without the bad side effects. It's a pretty damn good tradeoff.
11. Don't tell people what is inside. Never tell people what is inside.
12. Don't think you can break these rules and get away with them. You have tried it before. It didn't work.
13. Add a rule here every time you get hurt, even though you're gonna break it next time.


Anonymous
01:49:16 AM

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what are these? rules for the emotionally stable?

get a life and learn that you can't make one set of rules that applies to every relationship.

Anonymous said...

More like, these are rules to stay emotionally stable - they're rules on how to stay emotionally uninvolved, how to not get hurt.

Graffiti Pastry said...

They sound like rules that keep you from getting hurt, that's true. But they also wall you off from any true human interaction. If we all followed this list, every person would be an island.

How nice.

Anonymous said...

I used to follow those rules; then, I broke #7.

PChis said...

Man, there are so many rules to life already. I'll take my chances with dumb luck.

Anonymous said...

I need all of these.

This is just the sort of thing I was looking for.

I will no longer try to interact with other humans when I know that, inevitably, I will accidentally get too close to one or two, and everything else from there will fail.

M and T, I'm sorry I got close to you two, because I know that I have ruined whatever was/will be between all of us... simply because I'm me.

Anonymous said...

these are pretty fucking depressing and kinda dumb. Life isnt razer blades and broken hearts so chill out.maybe if people didnt try to follow these rules they would not need them.

Anonymous said...

Well. I'm commenting on these late. Maybe if someone browses the archives they'll read this.

Yes, I am the original poster, and I think you incorrectly captured what I was saying with this. Notice the last one. I know I can't follow these rules. Hell, I don't want to follow these rules. But still, I know life would be easier if I did. I know I would've saved myself a lot of trouble. I know I will save myself a lot of trouble in the future.

I mean, everytime I've broken these rules, I get hurt. I just keep breaking them in the hope that I'll hit the time that I don't get hurt. I mean, when I had written this, I had just broken 1-5, 7, 11, and 12. I had come off a bad time with a girl I had really fallen for. She dropped me like hot lead.

Read the last one specifically. "Even though you know you are gonna break [the new rule] next time." That was my hope. It still is.

Thank you #4, by the way.