Tuesday, July 18, 2006

my dad is getting brain surgery next thursday. they say with all the advances in modern technology there is nothing to worry about but still there is that thought in my head. i don't want to go to the hospital but my mom is making me only because she thinks she will get lost. no matter who i'm with i always feel alone in the world. when i'm with my gf it helps but we never hangout so it sorta defeats the idea of her being there for me. i just don't know. does anyone out there know someone thats had DBS surgery or any type of brain surgery at all? i guess a little reassurence would help me.


Anonymous
10:06:55 PM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know someone who had brain surgery it wasnt dbs , they had a brain tumor removed.

Anonymous said...

There's a woman at my church who had some sort of brain surgery, though I'm not sure what. She's one of the sweetest women I've ever met, and she's pretty much fine.

That being said, I hope your dad's DBS turns out okay and that he and all involved come out unharmed. I'll be thinking of you next Thursday when your dad goes in, and I wish the best of luck to you.

There is an article I found, written by someone who had to get a DBS, and it says at the bottom that he was fine. I don't really know that it will help much, but you can read it if you're interested. Here's the link.

Anonymous said...

Here's some reading material, if you're interested: DBS Info @ Wikipedia

Anonymous said...

I know it's not the same but my mom had a brain tumor removed maybe nine years ago. Her tumor was wrapped all the way around one part of her brain (it may have been wrapped around twice) but the doctors did an amazing job removing it. The technology back then was obviously not as far along as what we have now. Just remember that the people performing the surgery know more than you do about what needs to be done and they've probably done this more than once. I hope it all goes as well as possible. I'll keep you and your dad in my thoughts, as will many others, I'm sure. Good luck.