Monday, April 10, 2006

Your total is:

I was there.
I was there with the money,
wrapped in an envelope
"for the limo", you said.
$110.06
We ate dinner, all however many of us.
$42.95
Then (there was) a welcome table. My sister was there, she took more money.
$80.00

then we danced to a hip-hop civilization

Photographs by the ornamated tables, Ionic columns, and ivy.
$20.00

The doors opened, anticipating exit.
The limo door opened, anticipating enter.

We cruised a skyline of asphalt.
$23.12 min.

Cigarette stop on Hillsborough.

You brought in two grinning bottles of vodka.
$Prom.

Fuck you and your alcohol.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mav, is this yours or an anonymous one?

I'm kind of very sincerely hoping you simply forgot the little "Anonymous" tag at the end.

Please tell me I'm right...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for forgetting that I was there to see it too. I hope I'm not priced...

Sorry for the Costs

thewordofrashi said...

Oh my God Maverick. I'm so sorry.

Jesus, I hate alcohol. People think they're so cool when they brag about being smashed, but really, they are nothing more than insecure people trying to fit in, and are more often than not not worth the words I am typing onto this page.

Anonymous said...

My combined cost of looking good for my date still exceeds your total. And I still have to buy another set of tickets.

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Maverick's back!

We missed you, man.

Swales said...

Wow. The list-like, mathematic progression of this poem is so heartbreaking...

I agree with what has already been said. No one deserves to have their prom night ruined like that.

TintedFragipan said...

I liked this.

I hate the word "cigarette." It is so syllabic. It's almost too good.

Maverick said...

Thanks friends, this one is mine, impulsive, fierce, but mine. I appreciate comments as always.

Anonymous said...

Yeah. This hurts. I could go on and on about how alcohol fucks up so many things, but it looks like you've already found that out.

I'm sorry, though.

PChis said...

ugh, I HATE people who don't use alcohol wisely.

It really gives alcohol a bad name.