Thursday, April 27, 2006

I feel like such a bad person.

There's this guy at school, and I've known him for several years now. I think he likes me, but I find him incredibly creepy.

Previously, I had felt sorry for him because he's weird and doesn't have that many friends. But after an incident towards the end of last year, I kind of hate his guts and want him to go away.

And now his presence is driving my friends away. He follows me around and bothers my boyfriend. He's started finding excuses to spend more time with me so I'm forced to talk to him.

I don't feel safe when this guy is around and I'm starting to get panicky. He really does just creep me out.

The reason why I feel like a bad person is because I wish he'd fall off the face of the earth. Or die. Just anything to get him away from me.

God, he scares me.


Anonymous
09:48:41 PM

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

straight out tell him to go away?

Anonymous said...

he sounds like a person i know. it might be him...some creepy kid. I know what that feels like too. Like you dont wanna be with him, but you feel bad for him.

Anonymous said...

cmon guys...
ESPECIALLY if you feel insecure around him you need to tell him to leave you alone.

and i mean if you dont wanna be mean tell him he's making your life miserable...so if he really wants to be nice to you, he'd get lost and go away.

either way...he's gotta go. stalkers are no fun.

Anonymous said...

OP, I think... I might... know you?

Either that, or your situation sounds astonishingly like that of my friend. Weird.

Avoid him at all costs, a) for safety and b) for quality of life.

Anonymous said...

I don't know. I don't think I've talked to anyone about this.

Hmm. Talk to me about it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I have no idea who you're referring to?

Sorry you guessed the wrong friend.

And SD is right, there shouldn't be names on Tangst. Isn't that in the policies somewhere?

Anonymous said...

TELL HIM TO GO AWAY. By tolerating him you're prolonging the problem. 15 minutes of awkwardness when you tell him to go away is nothing compared to the months of your life that this could ruin. We only have 4 years at this school. Time is precious. He's taking away your chance to enjoy yourself. Tell him to go away and leave you alone. If he doesn't get help.

I have experience with a situation similiar to this. I wish I had dealt with it earlier rather than later.

thewordofrashi said...

I am going to delete the post with the same. If I have done this is error, I will save a copy of it, and I can put it back up later, with all due apologies.

Anonymous said...

Oops. I meant name.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way as the OP sometimes. I think I'm blowing things way out of proportion and that it's all in my head. Because there's nothing really overt, and he really is just incredibly creepy seeming. He'll say things that are questionable, but in a general moral, socially acceptable sense, not in an "I'm going to stalk you because I'm mentally unstable" way.

I still can't help but feel unsafe around him. I always want to hide.

Anonymous said...

the worst thing you can do is not to tell him its just stringing him along

Anonymous said...

^How is that stringing him along? The OP has a boyfriend.