Sunday, August 27, 2006

When I'm sitting up, turned around, fumbling with my things--pulling on my tangled shirt and bra and camisole, smoothing my hair in a rush because soon we both must look presentable, patting at my flushed cheeks and tugging at the creases, distracted--I flash my eye back and swivel around, fingers still smoothing the wrinkles on my front.

and he's laying there, head on hands, and smiling.

"Your back," he says, raising a palm to trace my shoulder. "It's so beautiful. . . . I'd never noticed that before."

I think I fall in love with him a little more every day.


Anonymous
09:41:50 PM

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That exact thing happened to me the other day. It feels so wonderful when such an innocent part is the object of admiration.

Anonymous said...

That's...wonderful... You're lucky to have someone like that.

Anonymous said...

Like anon1, I've had many similar moments like that... they are so touching.

Anonymous said...

It's just a guy's post-mindset. Not saying we aren't sweet, but a lot of us are like that.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're lucky...
be happy, man...