Saturday, August 12, 2006

Well I'm out of here guys. Just thought that I'd say goodbye to all of you despite our varying levels of friendship (or lack thereof). I'm off with the notion that there will be much bigger better things out there. Many smarter, sexier people, many more brilliant discussions and daring escapades, and possibly a place I can call home once this one has disappeared.

That's the trouble though and my greatest fear. What if it's not? If college were merely "just as good" as these last four years have been I would be perfectly content. I would be damn lucky in fact. Enloe has been hard, sure. I've felt embarrased, I've felt unwanted, I've been so stressed out that couseling was sounding more and more like a viable option, but those were just moments, and just like all of you will do soon: I made it. I made it out happy and healthy and better for the experiences I had. And looking at it from the other side, overall I feel a sense of peace and accomplishment.

So as I'm packing my last boxes and staring down that long dusty road wondering just where I'll end up, I want you all to know that I'm thinking of you and my memories of all the things we've shared will always be a part of who I am.

I'm going off ahead.

If you don't hear from me soon... send a search party.


Anonymous
11:20:59 PM

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

its a good thing we know who you are and stuff.

Anonymous said...

and crying is good sometimes.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful post, and it makes me feel more optimistic about my own road ahead after it winds through this last year at Enloe.

Anonymous said...

yeah, thanks.

Anonymous said...

huzzah for that!