Thursday, February 16, 2006

You say you don't think I cared when you said "Maybe we should stop this." And I just said "Okay." But, believe it or not, I really did care.

It's just that I knew we were going to break up today. I knew from the moment I opened my eyes this morning. But when someone breaks up with you it's over. And, more than anything, that's how I felt. Like it was over. So, I didn't say, "Please don't go. I really and truly want to be with you." Because that's not the sort of person I am.

No, I just walked away. I went home. I ate dinner. I did my homework. And as I folded my laundry I cryed. Because that's the sort of person I am.

And now, it's over.


Anonymous
10:00:37 PM

5 comments:

PChis said...

I know that feelin, and you know what? Not many people do.

A lot of my friends don't, my parents don't. It's a weird feeling and it's hard to describe.

OR maybe that's just me.

Dr.A said...

Wow, that is powerful. I really love you, I think. So few people can walk away from a doomed anything, especially not a doomed relationship. I like to think that I did, earlier in my life, and I really appreciate to see that someone else can see ... the necessity of action.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was able to do that. I hold on too long to things that aren't meant to be. You're stronger than I am.

Anonymous said...

I think I know who you are. I'm sorry I did that to you. I didn't think you cared. I'm in a bad spot right now and aren't sure of anything. I feel so sick and crazy. God, and I keep extending your anguish. I am so sorry. I am so, so sorry.

knight_racer979 said...

I feel your pain, poster, and I would like to say that I know what you are feeling, but I won't.

Because I know that anything I say won't help you. I wish I could say something and make the hurt go away. I've been in your situation before and I know that it's hard, knowing something is going to end and at the same time praying that it won't. There has been one time in my life that I've been in a situation like yours, and it is something I wouldn't wish on anybody.

Alas, the frailty of the human heart, how easy it dost shatter like so many panes of glass. But I think the good times make up for the bad.

I think the fact is that you cared so much about him/her that your brain shut itself off to keep the pain out.

I wish you all the best, and that you may come to find that someone who can ease your pain.