Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Hurrah for changing ways...

I broke through a big barrier in my social life last night.

I actually took the initiative and asked a girl to prom.

And then an amazing thing happened. She said yes. A major cornerstone in my fear of rejection has crumbled, leaving the whole structure unstable.

What a great feeling. Thank you.

And now a parting shot from my pool of advice that I can't seem to follow.

Focus more on how life could be lived, and less on how it should be lived. Never let your mind slow you down, because you will die with more than your fair share of regrets.

Please realize that your mind does try to warn you when you are doing something outrageously stupid, so do listen to it sometimes (Exe: asking a girl out = okay; standing in front of a moving train = stupid). Catch my drift?

G'night everybody, and good luck in life and love.

5 comments:

PChis said...

Congrats sir:

But I do believe following the mind is a good thing.

That's probably what compromises my dancing ability but WHATEV

knight_racer979 said...

When there is a choice between following the head or following the heart, I will always advocate choosing the heart.

Unless it puts you in danger of physical harm.

龙年 said...

I agree, the heart works quite well as a compass for life. The mind is good too, but like you mentioned, its more hindrance than aid sometimes.

Anyway, congrats :-)

Anonymous said...

Fuck. I missed an opportunity again. It's starting to become a habit. A very bad habit.

But congrats to. I wish I could do it.

Dr.A said...

well I broke down a small barrier the other day when I decided not to go to prom and then got asked later.
woot for not having to ask!