Friday, February 03, 2006

As a casual reader of this site, I read the post below requesting more upbeat subjects from the general readership. As I have never posted a new topic, I thought I’d give this a try.

I’ve spent too much time this past week thinking about what to do for my girlfriend on Valentine’s Day. As I am in a long distance relationship, the holiday presents a great outlet for my intrinsic, but not always displayed, creativity.

Here are my plans:

I am going to tell her to expect a package, the contents of which are a homemade card and a framed picture of the two of us. (I won’t tell her what’s in it though…that’s between you and me.) I am going to send four notes, one for each of her classes (block schedule), to her friend. Her friend will give a note to four students, one from each of her classes. So, if all the plans work out, she’ll get a note from me in each class on Valentine’s Day! The notes will all be a part of one message, meaning I will stop writing in mid-sentence with a ". . ."

She is not the flower-type, so I truly believe I shouldn’t order flowers. If I know she doesn’t like them, it won’t be special.

What do you all think?


Anonymous
04:46:19 PM

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds really sweet. i think she'll like it a lot.

PChis said...

Plans like that are always awesome.

Anonymous said...

i thnk its one of the sweetest things i've ever heard in my entire life.

Maverick said...

Sir, I strongly recommend it and admire your constructive creativity.

Dr.A said...

That sounds very complex and meticulous. I like it quite a lot.

*sigh*

Valentine's Day. It's a nice holiday... but when you put PROM TICKETS on sale that same day -- you're asking for it.

Anonymous said...

awww that's sooo sweet!!

Anonymous said...

What do I think? I think that you have it all down, man. Talk about a keeper boyfriend. :)