Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I have gotten to the point now that I consider any joke about death to be extremely bad taste and not at all funny.
I just had a very good friend of mine die, totally unexpected, and yes that factors into this, but that's not all.
For everyone else, the Virginia Tech Massacre, the countless third world deaths, how can you say "i want to kill my English teacher" or "blah blah blah I have so much work, kill me now"
This also goes to suicides, cutters, etc. Life is always better than death. Always. And people aren't aware how much death can hurt everyone around them. If they are, and they do attempt suicide, they are sicker than just about any form of sick I can imagine.

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, maybe I'm not. The point is: Life is always better than death. If only for the reason that you're alive. It's all you've got. It's all you've ever really got.


Anonymous
08:43:00 PM

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would it be terrible if I said Lighten up a little?

Of course it's sad that you don't have your friend around you any more. And of course it's sad that people die in other places too.

Frankly, I will continue using mortality for various hyperbolic effects, including but not limited to jokes, and especially to convey perspective against the ways in which nearly everything is overstated in importance and you do not have to laugh if you don't want to.

Anonymous said...

well only if you don't believe in any sort of afterlife.

Anonymous said...

chill out, its and expression not actually serious. Death is a necessary and normal thing. Why should you fear it? Of course suicide is crazy but being able to joke about death is the only way to get over it.

Anonymous said...

We must make light of that which would drive us into solitude and depression otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Death is stronger than life, but love is stronger than death.
-K. Gibran.

Anonymous said...

jeez don't have a heart attack. I mean really this is nothing to kill yourself over.

Anonymous said...

Did it ever occur to you that those who would consider suicide don't think of life as a gift? They see it as a negative, not as the one positive thing they have going for them.