Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I have no friends and nobody likes me. Every time I try to open up to someone, I get rejected to my face. I guess it's just because I'm so many undesirable traits, and so far, I have found nothing that I'm good at, no talent whatsoever. Nobody respects me, or values what I say. I have nobody to turn to, but I would really like someone.

But these undesirable things are me, my personality, and I can't help that I'm me. What am I supposed to do, become this happy but fake person? There's a general social stigma, that you must "be yourself" to be really be accepted by society. Many go as far as to say, "I hate fake people." But I've been myself all throughout life, and nobody likes me for myself. So what am I supposed to do about it? Change?


Anonymous
09:38:50 PM

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

no. high school is full of cliques and social groups. even if people liked you...they'd be afraid to accept you b/c you're not part of the group or circle. that just happens. keep being yourself. once you get into college...there will be no pre judgments or pre formed social groups. you will be whoever you want to be there. just hang on. but dont stop being yourself. b/c if you turn into anothe rperson...that still doesnt mean you'll be accepted.

Anonymous said...

nah, thats way to stupid, just change. if youre that socially awkward, you must be doing something wrong...especially at a place like teh enloe. or it might be that youre just ugly. in which case nobody can help you. its unfortunately an appearances driven society. i would know, im ugly as well!

PChis said...

Generally the idea to "just be yourself" means that you shouldn't pretend to be someone else just to be liked by some clique and in the process cause yourself a lot of pain and unhappiness.

If you can change a little bit to be more accepted by society without hurting yourself then that would be ideal.

If you can't, it seems you'll have to decide which will hurt you more.


And keep searching for a talent, or at least something you're bad at but love doing, there's something out there.

Anonymous said...

maybe you should not be a jackass, I mean be yourself but be sensitive to other people as well.

Anonymous said...

dont push others away either. when someone tries to open themselves up dont recede into a cave and freak out. if you go through major depression cycles- that might be a major reason. depression is never fun to be around. maybe dont think too much, if people dont like something you say/do, dont do or say it. and just enjoy the momemt if its ever there. (dont be so dense to say its NEVER there)