Tuesday, January 16, 2007

One of my best friends is in a serious relationship. She is very in love with the guy, and theyve been together for a couple of years. Over the summer she met someone who lives far away that she really liked. She briefly thought she was maybe in love with him, but it passed and now she is very glad she stayed with her boyfriend. She told me once that she NEVER cheated on her boyfriend.

I have recently heard from a reliable source that my friend did indeed cheat on her boyfriend, and only told one person about it (whom she is no longer friends with). This person told a bunch of people, and pretty much everyone knows except her boyfriend.

I don't really care whether or not she cheated on her boyfriend, but I really care whether or not she lied to me. Is there a tactful way for me to find out, or should I just ignore it? I can't stand to think she might have lied to me.


Anonymous
08:58:23 PM

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

go ask her straightup.

I know i wouldnt do it. but...if you really want her face what she's done..and how she lied to you. its the only way. its for her own good too. doit.

Anonymous said...

if she cheated on her boyfriend, who the hell do you think you are. she lied to you, big deal. get over it.

Anonymous said...

the comment above me doesnt make since. who does the OP think she is?
a friend who shouldn't be lied to.

Anonymous said...

sense not since

Anonymous said...

Anon2's point is that if she lied to her boyfriend, who is arguably a closer friend than the OP, why would the OP get any special treatment?

That make sense?

PChis said...

I would tell yourself that she never lied to you and that she never cheated on her boyfriend and that the person "(whome she is no longer friends with)" is just being a vengeful bitch.

It'll be easier that way.

Anonymous said...

I should get "special treatment" becuase this fact will not affect our relationship in any way. IT would certainly affect that of her and boyfriend.

Anonymous said...

and i mean....who's always there before and after boyfriends.

the best friend. without your best friend...you're nothing. no matter how close you get with your b/f. it will probably end someday and if you treat your best friend like shit and lie to her...