Sunday, January 28, 2007

Heres a secret, that you all should benifit from.

ok, so one year ago when I was 17, I met this girl in an online forum. We started talking on aim and stuff, and I learned she lived two states away from me, and she told me she was 16, we became good friends,then one day she told me she 'loved me', no joke, i was a little a freaked out by that and thats when i started to not take things seriously, she sent me her pic and asked for mine, jokingly, i sent her a fake one, then i started telling her i was falling for her too,
just to see where it would go, we exchanged phone numbers, and started texting and calling eachother, she was crazy, she'd call me at 1 in the morning to have phone sex or sometimes cry to me about her family issues, and at those times i gave her the best advice and never lead her in the wrong direction. then one day she told she wasnt 16, she was only 14, so i became even more freaked out, at this point this had been going on for about 7 months, and i thought it was time to call it quits, so i told her the truth about everything, and she started crying and all but after a little while she said she didn't care, she'd call me in the middle of the night to seduce to have phone sex, but id say no and hang up, and then she stoped everything stopped, and i started to miss her, which came to me as a surprise, so a month later i called her, and said i missed her, and then it was all back to 'normal' once again, we made a deal that one of us would come to visit the other over summer, after 3 months , i realized no this really isnt right at all, and just like that one day i stopped replying to her texts,calls, emails, i changed my number, changed my aim, but till this day time to time, 8 months later, i still get emails from her asking me why i stopped just like that without any explanation.


ive stopped going to any online forums, chat rooms whatever, and the moral of the story is DONT TRUST STRANGERS ONLINE


Anonymous
05:10:03 PM

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea....trusting strangers period is really dumb. whether online or not online.

Anonymous said...

My friend had a $500 phone bill one time last summer from talking to this guy in Missouri she met online every night for a week until 6 in the morning. I remember he said his name was Randy and he was seventeen. He refused to show her a picture, but when she showed him a picture he said things like "OMG YOUR GORGEOUS." (Note the improper use of "your.") She said she really liked the positive attention. For that one week I wanted to punch her in the face for being so dumb.

Swales said...

That relationship sure is weird, but you really ought to tell her that. Just say that you don't think an online, long-distance relationship is healthy for either of you (especially her at that tender age!) and you don't want to pursue it any more. Simply disappearing from the intarwubbs will probably wreak more havoc on her confused little brain than being told plainly that dating a stranger online is a bad idea.

Anonymous said...

With a fate so tempting
and a naivety so treacherous
and a person with beauty external and in,
It is a damn shame I am too optimistic to listen to your advice

Anonymous said...

just a response to the second comment, if youre implying im the guy from missouri, no i dont live in missouri.

Graffiti Pastry said...

Did you really need to have this experience to know that meeting people online isn't a good idea?

Oof.