Thursday, November 09, 2006

A year ago, I thought you were a great friend, but as I spend more and more time with you, the more annoyed I get.
You are a black hole, sucking all the attention from anyone else. Jealous of the stars for their light, you steal their glory away into your abyss. You seem so imense, because your gravity is so awesome. But behind this charade, your matter is small and dense.

You've been hurt, I realize this, but do not think that simply because you were hurt that you deserve honor. Their is no honor in pity, and seeking pity will only leave you with a sickly-sweet, but brief feeling of importance. But the high you get is addictive, and since it is easily obtained, you prefer this drug over honest work for respect.
You are a salesman who talks too much, hopefull to sell us something. And we listen for a time mesmirized, not because of your product or eloquence (for in truth, you lack both) but because of the natural gifts (not earned) of a powerful voice and a pretty smile.
You want to be everyone and everything, but you spread yourself too thin. And when others best you, your defences rise to obvious hights.
Your have many who care for you, but few that you care for when they leave your sight, and thus your mind. Always looking for an ear to hear you, but never offering one to a friend in need -perhaps more need than you.
You create drama, and molehills become the Alps under your eyes, so you claim the worm is a snake and must be killed.
Or else, when bored or when your spirits are low, you slander others over imagined insults and unfounded suspicions.
Worried about your own status (though you need not be, since your friends would love you no matter what) you consantly seek the shadows for the eyes you know can look in your very soul.
But you will not find them there, for they lie in the shadow of your heart, which you can barely stand to look at for the shame you know that it would give you.


Anonymous
09:51:38 PM

3 comments:

TintedFragipan said...

I relate to the sentiment, but think this is poorly written.

Anonymous said...

Like an arrow through the heart...

Anonymous said...

Though I doubt this was written specifically about me (as since I've switched schools, I haven't been in close enough contact to anyone for them to have such opinions, and it's been too long since I've interacted with anyone else for them to be agitated enough to still be thinking such things) I can closely identify. Not with the writer, but with the target. But trust me, this is no sympathetic relation. I am sick of my petty ways, and have begun to realize all too well my habits. I am hoping to change. I would say that I *will* change, but I don't think I'm strong enough to predict such a thing yet. Anyhow, thank you for placing this in my thoughts, as it is even more motivation when I hear how this sort of behaviour can so thoroughly negatively effect others.