Monday, April 02, 2007

N.C. State said no.

Which means I'm going to Appalachian... hours away from evryone I know. It's not like many of them even talk to me anymore, but it's not any better knowing that now I'm losing everone I know.

Everything my father ever told me about me failing to suceed in this world is now proved true. I wanted so, so badly to prove him wrong...

More than anything though, it means that I'll be far away from whom I love. It didn't matter that it wasnt' returned, just as long as I was close...

But now like everything and everyone else in my life, I have to leave that, too.

I don't even know why I'm going to college, now. Not like this. Not so alone.


Anonymous
05:41:00 PM

4 comments:

PChis said...

Appalachian is a fine school. If you want to prove your dad wrong then do well there (then you can transfer if you don't like it or stay there, whatever).

And yes, it is rather far away, but not that far away. I very short day's drive will get you back home, I know a few people who go to app and they get back home fairly often. One of them's dating a guy from state and they're doing extremely well with that whole "long distance relationship" thing. It doesn't sound like you really have a relationship at this point, but you've still got over 4 months, who's to say what can happen.

Also, I'd like to say going alone is probably one of the more exciting aspects of college. Most colleges promote rooming with someone you don't know exactly for that reason.


Certainly your fears and disappointments are rational ones, but I'm sure things will end up better than you're forseeing.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. You deserved to go to State more than a lot of people.

Just make the best of it, please. Hopefully something will lighten up.

Anonymous said...

Life seldom dies at 18

(something i should tell myself)
(but instead will tell you)

Anonymous said...

This is probably not what you want to hear, but I'll say it anyway: I have allways believed that everything that happens to us happens because we need to learn something.
Perhaps what you are supposed to learn here is to be patient, or to adapt to a new situation. Perhaps what you need to learn is something you can only learn if you are away from him, for a while at least. Maybe you are supposed to find someone else.
Maybe you just need to learn how to accept disapointment, or how much State means to you.
Maybe, in a year, State won't even mean to you what it did this year.
But whatever happens, you will be okay. Sometimes, its better to see where life takes you, rather than be depressed that it isn't taking you where you wanted it too.