Thursday, April 26, 2007

Last night something really bad happened to me.
I called you crying, and all I said was "Can you do me a favor?" you said "of course" and then I asked you to just talk for 10 or 20 minutes about anything. I could tell you were in your dorm with your friends. You might have been drunk, but you always hide it well. But you walked out of the room to where you could hear me. After about 20 minutes you asked me would I be OK and I said yes and then you asked if you were supposed to ask me about it. I hesitated and said no. Then you said "because I want to ask, you know that right?"
I hadn't known that. I said I really didn't want to talk about it, which was true. We hung up and I was able to go to sleep.

You have no idea how much I needed someone to distract me last night. The fact that you dropped what you were doing and talked to me means so much more than you know. And that fact that you wanted to ask what was wrong means the most. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I couldn't. I hope you don't worry.

Sometimes I get frusterated with you when you are too busy or too wasted to talk. I get angry when you are in town and I'm too busy to see you. But I have always known and now I know even more, that you are there for me more than anyone else when it counts. Thank you.


Anonymous
02:55:00 PM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are really lucky to have someone that cares so much about you. that's rare, and i think it's even rarer to appreciate it. congratulations!

Anonymous said...

yeah you are lucky
i hope things work out for you