Monday, May 08, 2006

It was a cold Febuary night and the stars were like bits of frost scattered on the darkness of the sky. It was cold, you could see as we exhaled (perhaps a little quicker than usual?) and the great clouds of white made it look like we were breathing the dreams our minds were wrapped in.

I leant in to kiss him on the cheek in that painfully friends-only way. I'd done so many times before in spite of the wild rebellion in my breast, I thought I was resigned!

But I wasn't the only one. He'd leaned in also, naturally, unexpectedly, accidentally...

Startled we both pulled back with the look in our eyes of startled creatures, that same animalistic magnetism drawing up closer again (or was it the cold?) I didn't care.

"I'm sorry" came the mist-wreathed reply, hot embarassment melting chill away.

"It only matters if you do it again." Was his quiet response. (an invitation?)

The cold night turned fire, our lips did collide, and the dispassionate stars seemed all the brighter with our flame.


Anonymous
08:40:29 PM

8 comments:

Graffiti Pastry said...

That was cute, a little contrived perhaps in the description, but truthful and cute :)

Anonymous said...

Cheeeeeeesy.

Anonymous said...

reminds me of the Great Gatsby.

Anonymous said...

Gatsby? The heck? How so?

Anonymous said...

why don't these things ever happen to me.

Swales said...

The Great Gatsby involves a kiss scene somewhat similar to this one. I should know, I had to do an oral report on that scene for English.

Anonymous said...

!! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I am really addicted to CSI. I mean really. I love GSR (haha you guys probably have no Idea what that is) and I get a kind of high once I get online with my friends in the afternoon or during lunch. I knd of think my online friends are like a surrogate because my friends at school don't have the same period off. I'm safe online, but my mom freaks out so I have to do it behind her back and not metion the forum. (she thinks they're all pedophiles) I get so excited about an upcoming episode that I can't sleep for several hours after I go to bed sometimes. I also hate how my brother *has* to play Runescape so he kicks me off every hour. Why can't he like something else? I don't want to give up my addiction it's not like it's hurting me.