Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I never miss a birthday, or christmas. I know I shouldn't place so much value on material objects, and a long time ago I didn't. But at every birthday they have, it gets harder to pick out the perfect present, remebering that they forgot yours. And after every holiday, you feel like a fool for spending literally your last dollars on them, while they convienently forget you.
And if they weren't my only friends, I'd probably stop spending money on them. I feel like a moron. But the prospect of having no good friends to spend money on depresses me more than having friends who treat me like shit.
Valentine's Day is tomorrow, but you know what? I'm not celebrating. I'm not celebrating, because I get all excited every year, and I try to be nice to everyone, and I get flowers for all my friends, and I'm always dissapointed. Because no one else tries. I don't have enough money to waste on people who don't try to make me feel good as well.


Anonymous
06:11:00 PM

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. I might be one of those friends. It's not that I mean to be ungrateful or selfish or anything but I really don't understand why you would give people gifts. It seems like a waste to me.

Also, I think giving people presents on Valentines day is weird unless you are lovers.

Anonymous said...

I feel like this sometimes, when I work really hard on a gift for someone and then get nothing, or just a hallmark card, back. It is depressing, and you have to decide whether that person is worth you spending time on. It comes down to whether the gifts represent a bigger crack in your friendship, or if it is somethign materialistic you can get over.

Graffiti Pastry said...

Newsflash: the whole world can't/won't like you. You don't have to make nice with everybody.

Also, feeling the need to give all your friends gifts and then be hurt when you don't get any back really isn't their fault. It's your choice to buy the gifts, and give them for the sake of giving. They didn't forget, they just didn't want to give material items. Either that, or they're not really your friends and you need to meet new people.

You wanna give a real gift? Just be kind to your friends and accept them with the lumps. Get a life.

Anonymous said...

Hey man, I know where you're coming from. maybe if you take a step away from the material things and the gifts, and just see how that goes for a while, you can figure out who your true friends are, because if they're only friends for the stuff then they aren't real friends, right?

sometimes people don't mean to be rude like that, i've learned the hard way. not everyone is as nice or as thoughtful.

Anonymous said...

thanks for this. i feel like i'm one of the people you talk about. I dont get anything for everyone.i'll start trying now.