Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The way your eyes glaze over when people compliment you drives me insane. You're the most beautiful, skinny, luminescent friend I've ever had. Our conversation today drove me to the brink of tears. How can you not think of yourself as beautiful?! America has corrupted your mind! You're the one person I know could be a serious model. You're so absolutely gorgeous, but so absolutely broken. The way you get uncomfortable when people tell you such things, the way you cover yourself from head to toe to hide your beautiful body, the way you get self-conscious about even the tiniest bit of skin showing. You just can't accept the fact that you're pretty. Why?
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?????
I know so many people wishing they were you right this instant. How dare you wish you were someone else?


Anonymous
08:02:39 PM

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish people wrote those kinds of things about me...

Anonymous said...

^tangst at it's finest

thewordofrashi said...

I know someone like that. Of course, I see it driving other girls more crazy than guys. I think guys (or at least me) like it when girls are not so occupied with how they look - they don't realize how pretty they are.

Anonymous said...

I have a bad feeling that this is about me because of the allusion to our previous conversation. I need to talk to you, as in not even kidding.

Maybe you should try to understand my side before you judge my actions?

Anonymous said...

"I think guys (or at least me) like it when girls are not so occupied with how they look - they don't realize how pretty they are."

They don't realize how pretty they are and then are more likely to short change themselves and go out with homely guys like us.

Anonymous said...

Seriously though, as a guy I find the most attractive thing about a woman to be her self confidence. (I swear this is the absolute truth) More important than height, or boobs, or symmetry is how much a person loves themself, becasue the more comfortable they are with who they are the more comfortable they can be in a relationship.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. I know exactly who you're talking about- and she would be so proud of the "America is corrupting your mind!" statement. At least- the person she was a while back. I understand what you mean when you imply that she's been getting kind of weird about stuff like that lately.