Monday, March 20, 2006

I am in the class of '07. About three days ago I realized that i only have one year, and one half, before i leave this place. This place where i am known, where i am comfortable, where i am safe, and the place that i have grown to love. This year i have finally realized that for the first time in my life i am truly Home, when i am here.
In all probability I will also leave behind the friends and family that I love. I will return a changed person, and will not be able to relate to them as I do now.
I also started to think on what I have done here. I've done a lot of things, and I'm pretty happy with it, i just have a few more things to do. a couple resume things, a couple sport things, one spiritual thing, and 2 or 3 romantic things.
At first I was afraid of leaving. It's a big thing to leave the place where you have come of age. Over the past couple days however, I've realized that I've about reached my peak here, and that it's almost time for me to move on, and that made me cry.


Anonymous
09:18:15 PM

7 comments:

TintedFragipan said...

Haha, you'll probably go to UNC Chapel Hill. Spare us the dramatics.

TintedFragipan said...

(That is, assuming you go to Enloe)

Anonymous said...

Dear op,

Lucky you - at least you only have a year and a half until you leave.
I'm in the class of 08, and I have two and a half years until leaving for college. Unfortunately, I already reached my peak here and passed it. It feels like there's nothing left for me here. I remember enjoying going to school, I remember enjoying the people there. I remember living for the present and the future, and not just waiting for the future.

Until '08,
Bound to High School

Anonymous said...

So god damned true Op. *unashamed tears*

Anonymous said...

Member of Class of 08:

Trust me, you have not reached your peak. Your peak comes junior year. As as senior with a college acceptance letter in hand, the days go so slowly.

Anonymous said...

I think we always think we're at our best in our current time of living.

Swales said...

This is one of the most well-written and intelligent reflections on leaving high school that I've ever read. I envy your calm about the whole situation.