Thursday, December 15, 2005

Dear you,
I want you to stay away from me, or at least to stop trying to get ever closer. I know what you're up to and I don't like it. Stop your advances right now.I'll only hurt you for the good of our relationship. I don't understand what I'm doing, so there is no way that you possibly could. I've known you for what seems like forever. We're the best of friends, or...we were. Stop it! Stop it! STOP IT!!! I hate myself for this. What happened to buddy-buddys? What happened to just friends? You've taken over my mind. I dread seeing you. I rip you apart and find small things about you that I hate and I magnify them to keep me from loving you, but I don't think I can stop it. I know I'll just end up falling in love with you in the long run- we're perfect for eachother, but for right now leave me the hell alone! I want to like other people! NOT YOU. NOT NOW.

Sincerely, Me

What do I do?


Anonymous
05:56:55 PM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it doesn't help to be all 'OH MY GOD I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE FEELING AND IT SUCKS" ...but that's sort of my reaction. I almost destroyed a friendship because I tried to hate the person I loved so much.
Friends turn lovers is always risky.

Anonymous said...

Just fall in love. If it's meant to be, it'll work out. (Not that I believe in fate or a lack of free will or... oh. Tangent.) I tried for months to quit liking my best friend. Then found out that he liked me, too. I think it's the most beautifully glorious thing that's ever happened to me.

knight_racer979 said...

If you know that you're going to love him so much, why not go for it? If he's trying to push closer, he is obviously also looking for a more serious relationship. I can see nothing but wins for you. There might be some fundamental thing here that I, in my self-professed ignorance of the complex human emotions, have missed. But it sure looks like you should go for it.

I would, I think. But I'm not you, and I can't make your decisions for you. Go with what your heart tells you, because at the end of the day the most important thing in the world is that you are happy.

Good luck.