Friday, January 04, 2008

I hate doing all the work in a friendship. I'm always the one who has to call you. You never think to invite me to your get togethers, and most of the time I don't find out about them until it's too late. I'd feel better if I thought you were just lazy, but since you spend so much time with your other friends (that you have known for less time than you have known me), I get the feeling that you just don't like me that much.

It wouldn't hurt so much if I didn't think of you as one of my better friends. One of my only friends.

I know people drift apart naturally over time, and five and a half years is nothing to cry over, but I just feel that this is the story of my life. I make a friend, and we're really close for a while. Then they meet other people, and stop hanging out with me. I try to make it work for a while, but eventualy I see it is foolish to keep up a one sided friendship. I wished it wouldn't happen to you, and I invested a lot to keep it from happening, but there's really no use wasting your time anymore.
I hope you're happy, I really do. You deserve it. But you don't deserve unconditional love from someone you don't really like.

Anonymous
06:45:00 PM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've felt that way before.

Anonymous said...

But you don't deserve unconditional love from someone you don't really like.

I hate to say this, because I understand where you're coming from, but the whole point of unconditional love is....that it's unconditional. They do nothing to deserve it, but you still give it.

Anonymous said...

Maybe "unconditional love" was a bit strong. What I meant was that if I'm no longer her friend, but she's mine, then I'm holding her to an obligation that she no longer feels.

Anonymous said...

I think this post is about me, hah.