Sunday, October 09, 2005

This might violate rules, but I wanted to post it all the same.

What I Would Tell Him...

I would tell him that I think I'm in love with him,
That I'm not quite sure, but it's probably true.
I'd tell him that I think of him at odd times
And that the strangest things remind me of him
Like Greek food, or The Daily Show, even Strom Thurmond.
That whenever I hear the sound of deep, stunning laughter
I get this funny, aching feeling in my heart.

I would tell him that I miss him whenever he's not around,
That I miss him to a point somewhere beyond distraction.
I'd tell him I can't focus on anything except him
And when I try, I end up feeling frustrated, confused, and alone.
So I'll go for a walk, which is stupid of me
Because I'll start thinking of him again, his voice in my head
Telling me to enjoy the calm, the silence, despite the fact I hate it.

I would tell him that this is too hard,
That I need him to go already, and break my heart.
I'd tell him that he should leave and never come back.
And that yes, it is necessary.
That I don't think I can go on with this existence.
Smiling, pretending everything is alright while I'm screaming inside.
Maybe I just won't tell him anything at all.



Anonymous
01:58:27 PM

1 comment:

sithgirl said...

Interesting. I have to say I agree with the last stanza completely.

Oh! No, it's not against the rules. If something that touching were against the rules, I'd have to change the rules or shut down the site.