Monday, October 10, 2005

Inside this broken body
There's a heart that yearns for you.
And inside that broken heart,
There's a secret love that's true.
A secret that should not be kept,
And a lie to be untold.
Inside this broken body,
There's a hand that meets your mold.
Your fingers know the story,
And your eyes know my own face.
My broken heart is losing ground,
Your own's my saving grace.
Inside this broken body,
There's a terror to be swayed.
Because I'm so scared without you,
Unsafe and so afraid.
My fear, it does survive me,
And I'm wanting for your guide.
Inside this broken body,
There's a heart somewhere inside.
And even though it's broken
And even though it's cold,
I cannot think without you,
And my mind has grown so old.
I'm careless, unaware,
I'm kissing you away.
You're locked away, a memory;
And a memory you'll stay.
Inside this broken body
There's a stranger you don't know.
And inside that broken stranger,
Is the girl who loved you so.


Anonymous
06:45:59 PM

No comments: