Thursday, September 15, 2005

Welcome

In the continuing PostSecret spirit, and at the suggestion of one of the commentators, I welcome you to Teen Angst Central.

Instead of continually having to update the date on that one post in my blog, I've decided that creating another one of these blogs is easier, and probably a lot better.

This place has the same premise as the one post, only here, you have the ability to write more than just a little comment and you won't have to worry about "starting a chat room." You can just continually post new comments to things you think are provocative or theories that should be revised.

Those of you who know me know how high my tolerance level is for anything. No comment will be deleted unless it is one of those ad things because I hate those and they ruin the spirit of what we're trying to do.

If you'd like to be a member of this blog, send me an e-mail (my.tangst@gmail.com) and I'll add you to the members list so you can actually post instead of just making comments. I don't need your name, whether you know me or not, where you're from, your ideas, or anything like that. I just need an e-mail address. I'm going to be incredibly trusting about it. Just know that I save and have backups of everything.

Over the next couple of days or so, I'll be copying the comments from The Idiosyncratic post to here.

So here is the important text of that post that started everything for us:

Post anything that you want in comments, and post it anonymously. A story, a secret, a confession, a fear, a love - anything. Including what you think of me.

Be sure to post anonymously and honestly. Post twice if you'd like. Then put this in your blog, profile, LJ, etc. to see what your friends (and perhaps others) have to say.

In addition to this, I'll be accepting comments/posts in the form of e-mails now. I think it's worth the extra bit of work. Tell your friends about it if you want. They might like the little catharsis feeling too.

The most important thing is to remember that this is about all of you. I am simply the vessel through which your statements are made. It's not at all about me. I'm about the least important thing in this. It's all about you.

So go for it already.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dammit.

this is way too cool.

Annie Lane said...

Heather, I just wanted to tell you that I think you are pretty much a genius/extremely cool person for creating this blog. I don't feel like I have to do this anonymously. Anyway, kudos kudos kudos. IM me sometime.

Anonymous said...

i loved him. he hit me. hes with another girl. and i worry about her. i still love him. and i do get jealous. even though im with someone else too.